We have used our Sports Premium for 2016/17 (£9750) to help us do the following things....
Achievement and progress
- We have implemented and adapted a new school wide assessment system for PE based on new national curriculum.
- Better understanding of differing needs for the wide range of year groups.
- New programmes of study for each Key Stage rolled out across the school for clarity on teaching sequences throughout the year.
Teaching and learning
- Increase in staff confidence and skill set from working with external coaching staff for specific and targeted delivery of PE.
- Increase in range of PE lessons delivered improving and broadening children’s experiences.
- Teachers feel more confident assessing current levels of year groups and targeting PE input to meet these needs.
Leadership and management
- School games award silver level maintained.
- Liaising with local high schools to maintain Silver Sward and looking towards achieving Gold Award by developing more inter school competition and other events with local schools, including leading the Halesowen Cross Country event.
- Funding has enabled all teachers to gain skills to develop their skills to take an active role in the planning and teaching of PE in their year group.
- PE lead attending regular teach meets to broaden understanding of key areas in the subject and identify avenues for development and share examples of good practice.
- Exploring links with local sports clubs and societies to develop closer working relationships for children to further their outer school participation.
- Aiming for playground leaders to be trained by coaching staff to help supervise various play time activities.
- Various sports during lunch times and after school this year including multisport, football, hockey, cricket and dodge ball.
- Numerous local school competitions entered including football leagues, athletic events and cross country meetings.
- Many other sporting event opportunities being explored this year with the view to expanding our schools participation even further.
- Funding has helped provide transport to these events that is essential to ensure participation in a wide range of sporting competitions.
- Staff feel confident to deliver their own sports clubs after input and consultations with coaching staff.
- We have had an increase in the number of children participating in sports and clubs outside of school over the past year, with many identifying school as the place that sparked their interest in them.
- We have also had children go on to compete at county level for their given sports.
- Our children come to school and enjoy the wide range of PE activities and sports offered during class as well as lunch and after school time.
- Children participate in Daily Mile activities each day to contribute to them being active for the recommended 60 minutes a day.
- Pupil interviews show that children enjoy the variety offered in sports and activities available to them.
- They also feel confident to participate in a wide variety of sports and would enjoy an increased opportunity for competitions.