Good Morning and welcome to Wednesday's Home Learning.
Today we are having a focus day (Just like we do in school, when we focus on a subject for the day and complete a project.)
Today we are having a DT focus day. You are going to design, make and evaluate.
By the end of the day we would like you to have made your own flip-flap book, based on Julia Donaldson's book Fox's Socks.
For your work to day you will need:
- Your writing from yesterdays lesson. (your rhyming sentences)
- Glue or sticky tape.
- colours (pens. crayons)
- Templates printed out from below (if you wish to use them, you don't have to, you can make/draw your own )
Watch the video below to see how to make a sliding mechanism and a flip-flap and how to put your writing and ideas into your own book.
- It might help to watch the video a couple of times.
- Pause the video and try to compete the mechanism slowly.
- Practise! use some scrap paper or card first and make sure you can do it! You don't want to ruin your final product.
- Take your time with each page you create, make sure you colour in carefully, take your time with cutting out and sticking and of course your handwriting needs to be neat.
If you are up for the challenge or found the modelled techniques easy...
Can you complete a page for each rhyming sentence you created?
Can you include another feature e.g. pop up, layered flip-flaps or a flap and slider combination?
After you have made your book, we would like you to evaluate the book you have produced. Think carefully about how you found the activity. Did you enjoy it? what did you find hard/easy? why?
Complete a WWW (WHAT WENT WELL ) AND EBI (EVEN BETTER IF) for your finished book.
DONT FORGET TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS OF YOUR WORK. WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW YOU GET ON MAKING YOUR BOOKS!