Welcome to our Year 2 page!
Year 2 teachers are Miss Parchment and Mr Walcot.
We will use this page to upload any school work in the event of our 'bubble' closure and we will also be posting Year 2 homework.
**Reminder** PE days are Mondays and Wednesdays. Please wear PE kit to school.
Year 2 Remote Learning pack - Summer 2
Year 2 Summer 1 Remote Education Work Pack!
Year 2 Homework!
As always we would recommend using Numbots to develop children fluency skills of number facts.
Click the link below
This week, we will be learning about division on a number line. It's the opposite to the work we have done this week but instead we count the groups/jumps we make.
To support children better with this we would like children to practise their multiplication and division facts and begin to make links between these operations. Children need to understand that they can relate facts such as 5 x 2= 10 to help them work out 10 ÷ 2=? or 10 ÷ 5=?
What are the related division facts?
If you know 3 x 2= ? , what two division facts can you see?
6 x 2=
5 x 5=
9 x 5=
7 x 10=
8 x 2=
These are also called fact families.
Common exception words
On Friday, we will test children on the following spellings. These are words that are commonly incorrectly spelt.
As always any questions please send them to our email address. We will try to respond as soon as we can NewfieldY2@newfield.dudley.sch.uk
Numbots is a great website for children to practise their maths fluency skills.
Here is the link: https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
The children have been given their Times Table Rock Stars username and password which is the same for Numbots.
Some Useful Websites and Ideas
- Times table fun with Jack Hartman https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcQH8A634mauPrGbWs7QlQ
- Maths learning on Numbots and Mathletics
- Lots of reading! Remember, the children have a certificate with every 20 reads!
- Interactive English games https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd63xyc
- Games for 5-7 years olds https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- Free sign up to this website. Maths games and free maths activities. https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- Maths and English games http://www.ictgames.com/
- BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - some lovely mindfulness and relaxation videos for children https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- GoNoodle - fun and interactive clips with lots of movement, but also breathing and relaxation techniques https://www.gonoodle.com/
Other Useful Documents
A brilliant description of the Gruncher!
PSHE lesson on mindfulness :)
Expressing herself in pshe!
Expressing herself in pshe!
Well done! Super work!
Super times table practise!
A Marvellous Maths Investigation!
A lovely poetry performance :)
A super performance
An excellent poem!
Fantastic History learning!
Another great performance
A fantastic poetry performance!
Well done :)
Have you been out enjoying the snow?
We know school work is important but sometimes getting out and enjoying yourselves is just as important.
Send us your winter snow day pictures!!
Year 2 Remote Learning Pack
Reading books will now be changed once per week on Fridays. You will take two books home and will need to bring them back by Wednesday so they can be quarantined before going back into the library.
Please ensure that you bring your reading record into school each day.
*Reading rewards will be given for every 20 reads signed in your reading record!*
Our PE days are as follows:
Monday - indoor
Wednesday - outdoor
Please remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on these days, ensuring that clothes are suitable for outdoor wear
Children cannot wear earrings during PE (or plasters over earrings) so can these be taken out at home on PE days please.