We are sad that we can't welcome you back this term, but we hope you are all well and ready to start some online learning. We will do our very best to make sure your learning is just as good at home as it would have been in school. Don't forget to use the Year 2 email address to contact us and show us all your lovely work! firstname.lastname@example.org
We also want to say big thank you for all of your lovely Christmas cards and gifts - it was very kind and thoughtful of you.
Well done! Super work!
Super times table practise!
A Marvellous Maths Investigation!
A lovely poetry performance :)
A super performance
An excellent poem!
Fantastic History learning!
Another great performance
Well done :)
A fantastic poetry performance!
Year 2 Remote Learning Pack
Some Useful Websites and Ideas
- Times table fun with Jack Hartman https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcQH8A634mauPrGbWs7QlQ
- Maths learning on Numbots and Mathletics
- Lots of reading! Remember, the children have a certificate with every 20 reads!
- Interactive English games https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd63xyc
- Games for 5-7 years olds https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
- Free sign up to this website. Maths games and free maths activities. https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
- Maths and English games http://www.ictgames.com/
- BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - some lovely mindfulness and relaxation videos for children https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- GoNoodle - fun and interactive clips with lots of movement, but also breathing and relaxation techniques https://www.gonoodle.com/
Numbots is a great website for children to practise their maths fluency skills.
Here is the link: https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
The children have been given their Times Table Rock Stars username and password which is the same for Numbots.
Reading books will now be changed once per week on Fridays. You will take two books home and will need to bring them back by Wednesday so they can be quarantined before going back into the library.
Please ensure that you bring your reading record into school each day.
*Reading rewards will be given for every 20 reads signed in your reading record!*
Our PE days are as follows:
Monday - indoor
Wednesday - outdoor
Please remember to come to school wearing your PE kit on these days, ensuring that clothes are suitable for outdoor wear
Children cannot wear earrings during PE (or plasters over earrings) so can these be taken out at home on PE days please.
Year 2 classrooms
Other Useful Documents
Christmas in Year 2
We hope you enjoy our Year 2 Christmas videos! The children have definitely enjoyed doing lots of Christmassy activities and singing - they have been fantastic during this busy time of the year!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a happy 2021!
Year 2 Teachers xxx