Welcome to Newfield Park Nursery.
Mrs Ellis and Mrs McDermott work with the children in Nursery.
We currently have 30 hour places with additional morning and afternoon sessions.
Here is a list of things you can do at home with your grown up :
- With a grown up join in the words and actions to an action song, perhaps 'Heads, shoulders, knees and toes'. Do you know any more you could try?
- Practise holding your pencil correctly, remember pick and flick. Now try to write your name.
- Looking for shapes - Have a walk around, inside or outside, what can you find that is a circle, square, triangle, rectangle?
- Practise putting on your coat and fastening the zip/buttons all by yourself.
- Draw a winter picture and talk about it.
- Close your eyes, ask your grown up to make a sound - maybe rustle a bag of crisps - can you guess what the sound is?
- Ask a grown up to show you an ice cube. Talk about how it was made. What happens if you leave it in a dish on the windowsill?
- Can you make marks in shaving foam, flour or rice? Draw a circle, square and triangle.
- Snuggle up somewhere cosy with a grown up and read your favourite book together.